The Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switches is that the first stackable access switching platform to enable wired and wireless services on one Cisco IOS XE software-based platform.Each 48-port Cisco Catalyst 3850 provides 40 Gbps of wireless throughput (20 Gbps on 24/12 port models).
- Integrated wireless controller capability with: Up to 40G wireless capacity per switch (48-port RJ45 models). Support for up to 100 access points and 2000 wireless clients on each switching entity.
- 24 and 48 10/100/1000 Mbps data PoE + models and Cisco UPOE with Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- 24 and 48 Cisco UPOE 100Mbps / 1 / 2.5 / 5 / 10Gbps models with Low Power Ethernet (EEE)
- 12 and 24 port 1 Gigabit Ethernet SFP-based models
- 12- and 24-port 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP + based models
- 48-port 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP + model with 4 fixed QSFP+ + 40 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks
- Cisco StackWise-480 technology provides scalability and resiliency with 480 Gbps of stack throughput 
- Cisco StackPower technology provides accumulation of power between stack members for power redundancy1
- Five optional uplink modules  with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet , 8 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet4, or 2 x 40 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP +  ports
- Dual redundant and modular power supplies and three modular fans providing redundancy
- IEEE 802.3at (PoE +) complete with 30W of power on all copper ports in a 1 rack unit (RU) form factor
- Cisco UPOE with 60 W of power per port in a 1 rack unit (RU) form factor
- IEEE 802.3bz (2.5 / 5 G / s BASE-T) to travel beyond 1 Gb / s with existing Cat5e and Cat6
- Built-in IEEE 802.1ba AV Bridging (AVB) to supply a far better AV experience to incorporate better time synchronization and QoS
- Software support for IPv4 and IPv6 routing, multicast routing, modular quality of service (QoS), flexible NetFlow (FNF), and enhanced security measures
- Single image of universal Cisco IOS Software across all license levels, providing a simple upgrade path for software features
- Cisco DNA services delivered through Cisco ONE software, providing high-value, simplified solutions with license flexibility and portability.
- Support for AES-256 with the powerful 256-bit MACSEC for SFP + and Multigigabit models and 128-bit encryption algorithm available on all models
- Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty (E-LLW) with Next Business Day Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD) and 90-day access to Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support
The digital transformation: aggregation and converged wired and wireless access.
The promise of digital for your business is about innovating faster while reducing risk, cost, and complexity. It will be your network that forms the basis of your company’s transformation.
But supporting your digital organization will require your network to go beyond connectivity to become a platform for information, automation and security.
This is the facility of the Cisco digital specification:
Cisco DNA is a monumental change in how to design and build networks. Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series, as a part of Cisco DNA’s portfolio of next-generation stackable Ethernet and multigigabit Ethernet access and aggregation layer switches, securely enables time-saving virtualization, increased automation and analytical data valuable assets that directly address your evolving business needs, including lower cost of installation and operation.
Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series:
Offers ideal capabilities to support the convergence of wireless and wired access. The new Cisco Unified Access Data ™ Plane (UADP) Application Specific microcircuit (ASIC) powers the switch and enables consistent wired wireless policy enforcement, application visibility, flexibility, and application optimization. This convergence builds on the strength of the new and improved Cisco StackWise-480 technology. Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switches support IEEE 802.3at full Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE +), Cisco Universal Power Over Ethernet (Cisco UPOE), modular and field-replaceable network modules, RJ-45 downlink interfaces,, and based on fiber, fans and power supplies.
Dual redundant modular power supplies:
Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switches support dual redundant power supplies.  The switch ships with one power supply by default, and therefore the square supply are often purchased at the time of ordering the switch or later. If only one power supply is installed, it must always be in power supply bay 1. The switch is also shipped with three volts.